“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending” – Maria Robinson, lecturer, counsellor, author of Child Development 0-8
Why children behave the way they do? How to love them and parent them at the same time? How to teach them to be successful and happy?
Learn parenting techniques to have your children develop healthy self-esteem & trust as well as nurture their talents and bond with them. Through coaching mindset, create a specific and positive set of guidelines to support your kids emotional intellect development while building their growing independence at the same time.
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Establish a deeper bond and a better trust relationship with your kids;
- Learn to listen to “how” specifically your child’s mind works at each period of development and improve communication;
- Maintain a “parent position”: how to be loving and accepting, but authoritative parent* nevertheless (Being a “Switzerland”);
- Shift your perspective to implement positive change: overcome barriers to achieve the desired outcome;
- Learn how to change your kids limiting beliefs and habits and form new positive habits of thinking.
- Guide your children to recognize their skills and develop self-leadership and leadership of others;
- Promote self-awareness to support your kid’s self-discovery and self-concept formation to increase their self-regulation skills;
- Learn how to empower your kids to become true masters of their destiny: how to recognize and reconnect their personal desires (values) with their actions and choices.
Parenting is one of the most exciting and unique roles we encounter as adults.
As parents, we all want the best for our kids. The best schools, the best friends, and the best opportunities. But the fast-moving 21st-century world is changing so rapidly, that raising a child to be able to consider their own long-term best interests becoming more and more challenging.
The coaching approach shifts our perspective and gives us control over our emotional response in parenting. Although we can’t deny that temperament and other birth-wired predispositions significantly affect our children’s emotional profile, the way we respond to our kid’s emotions and how we, as parents, model our own emotion regulation, will play a vital role in our kid’s overall socialization and emotional intellect development.
Coaching is an aptitude way to develop people through unconditional acceptance, belief in the positive intent and ability to succeed. Coaching creates independence rather than dependence.
As parents, we can employ the power of the unconscious mind to give children positive messages about themselves and the world in general. Adopting a coaching approach in our everyday lives can also help us to be kinder to ourselves as parents.
But how does a parent take a coach approach? Obviously, one has to have the right communication skills. But which ones are they? And how should a parent perform these skills?